March 20, 2020
In keeping with Governor Newsom’s March 19, 2020 executive order that all individuals in California stay in their homes in order to protect the public health and disrupt the spread of COVID-19, we are arranging numerous on-line meetings so that you may safely meet with one another in order to remember the Lord, enjoy Him as grace, and fellowship over His living Word this coming Lord’s day morning.
Eight brothers have agreed to host on-line meetings for you to join with either your computer or your phone. Please call or text any one of these brothers to learn the meeting start time as well as the meeting code to access with your computer, or the phone number to access with your phone. The names of the brothers, the areas of their groups, and their cell phone numbers are as follows:
- Nat Kong (Carmichael) – 916.769.2225
- David Chen (Central) – 510.284.7306
- Martin Ochoa (Spanish-speaking) – 831.214.5130
- Chris Chang (Natomas) – 916.469.5596
- Fountain Lee (North 1&2; South) – 916.708.0918
- Hugh Pforsich (Fair Oaks) – 916.216.0082
- Joseph Wang (Mtg Hall area) – 916.842.7012
- Filip Popovici (Folsom) – 916.698.4444
The Lord is eagerly desirous to gather us together in small groups to warm our hearts, supply us with life, and build us together for His testimony (Matt. 23:37). If you need any help, call one of the brothers for further explanation and fellowship.
The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you,
Nat Kong, Sam Kong, Joseph Wang, and Hugh Pforsich for the church in Sacramento
Dear saints meeting in the church in Sacramento
This week, in response to concerns over the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) published guidelines concerning group gatherings. In accord with these guidelines, the church in Sacramento will make the following temporary modifications to our meeting schedule for the balance of the month of March starting immediately:
(1) There will be no corporate Lord’s Day meetings, including children’s meetings, on 3/15, 3/22, and 3/29 in the meeting hall. The Lord’s Day meetings will be held in small groups; each small group can decide whether to hold its meeting by videoconference, phone or in person.
(2) Prayer meetings on 3/17, 3/24, and 3/31 will be held as usual in the groups. Again, each group can decide how it will conduct its meeting.
(3) All the small group meetings can decide for themselves how they want to continue to meet.
The CDPH guidelines can be found at https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/CDPH document library/Gathering_Guidance_03.11.20.pdf.
We anticipate that more guidance will come out from the prayer and fellowship of the leading brothers in the church. We will do our best to keep the saints informed. Please check for updates on the church’s website – http://www.churchinsacramento.org.
Standing firmly in the Lord,
The responsible brothers in the church in Sacramento
After some fellowship, we feel that the clustering meeting should continue but without love feast and with the following precautions:
- When the saints come, avoid physical contact such as shaking hands, hugging etc.
- Wash hands frequently. Cover your mouth, when you sneeze or cough.
- If any saints have any flu like symptoms such as cough, fever or shortness of breath, please stay home.
- If any saints had traveled to those countries that have Coronavirus outbreaks, please stay home.
The saints in Sacramento will do our best to sanitize our building doors, kitchen and bath rooms with Clorox solutions before the meeting.
Our attending the clustering meeting is strictly voluntary and by faith. If any saints have any problem or concerns, they should stay home. May the Lord bless and cover this clustering meeting.
Joseph Wang For the brothers
- Date: 4/18 & 4/25 (Two Saturdays)
- Location: Online (Zoom)
- Designated Locality Responsible Serving Ones
- Davis – Norman Lee/Barry Chang
- Elk Grove – Robert Liu/Eric Matsumoto
- Folsom – Andy Chu/Filip Popovici
- Fresno Area – James Lorenzo/David Shaw
- Reno – Bob Lewis/Kevin Yum
- Roseville/Auburn – Cheng-chuan Lai/Roman Pechenyuk/Srini Teki
- Sacramento – Andrew Keys/James Temple
- Stockton/Modesto – Samuel Ho
- $10 for early registration before or on 4/5
- $20 for registration after 4/5
- Please submit the payment to the designated serving one(s) in your locality/area with a memo “2020 Spring YP Conference”
- No registration accepted after 4/12
- No refund for cancellation after 4/12
- “And as they were going away to buy, the bridegroom came; and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding feast. And the door was shut.” Matthew 25:10
- We encourage every young person currently attending the 7th to 12th grade to register for this conference. Please fellowship with the designated responsible serving ones listed nearest to your locality for any exception.
- For those who are burdened to serve during the conference, please also sign up by Lord’s Day, 4/12.
- Mandatory Serving ones’ Training
- Date & Time: TBD
- Location: TBD
- This training is MANDATORY for all serving ones.
REGISTRATION FOR YP Sisters
REGISTRATION FOR YP Brothers
REGISTRATION FOR SERVING ONES
- (1) Serving ones in general (i.e. serve to be with YP in meetings and room times, etc.)
Hello dear saints,
Praise the Lord for His fresh leading among the churches. As most of us know, the Lord’s Day morning schedule will change as of tomorrow, 9/8/19. The schedule will now be as follows:
9:30AM – Prophesying Meeting
10:15AM – Lord’s Table Meeting
11:00AM – Meeting for friends and seekers
This meeting will begin with a snack time, continue with singing and a short word, and end with small group “huddles”. We will try to end promptly at 12PM, and we encourage the saints to have lunch together and invite any newer attendees.
May the Lord bless us richly!
The Responsible Brothers
Here is the hotel link, don’t wait:
- Dates: August 30 – September 1 (from Friday 7:30 pm to Lord’s Day 12:00 pm).
- Location/Hotel: Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport at 1333 Bayshore Highway, Burlingame, CA 94010.
- Room rate: $114.00 per night. There can be up to 4 persons per room depending on the room type.
- Parking: $5.00/day with in/out privileges.
- You can make your hotel reservations at the following website or 800 number (we prefer that you use the website):
- Link to the hotel website: Nor-Cal Churches Blending Conference
- Call Central Reservations at 1-800-233-1234 and state the hotel as the “Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport” in Burlingame and refer to the “2019 Northern California Churches Blending Conference” room block. Confirm the $114 per night room rate. Be sure to request your confirmation number.
- The hotel reservations deadline is Lord’s Day, August 8. We strongly encourage that the saints make their reservations as soon as possible.
- Material: Five messages were selected (#2-5, #12) from the rich speaking of the Crystallization-Study of Numbers, which will be prepared by 5 geographical regions in NorCal. San Jose is assigned to GROUP 5 (San Jose, Cupertino, Fresno, Pleasanton) to share on Lord’s day morning. Please get into message #12 ahead of time so you can prepare a 1 min. sharing to speak.
Here is the UC Berkeley schedule while they are in Sacramento. Please pray for the Berkeley students and for our students who are coming back from their spring break to present themselves for the blending. May the Lord bless this weekend!
4PM Old Sac Scavenger Hunt
6:30PM Dinner in hospitality
Lord’s Day, 3/24
Breakfast in hospitality
10AM Lord’s Table
2PM Kayaking and park activities at the Sac State Aquatic Center (Lake Natoma)
6:30PM Potluck Dinner and blending meeting at the hall*
9AM Breakfast at the hall**
10:30AM Berkeley Departs
*Orange chicken and chow mein will be catered, but we will need many other main dishes, sides, veggies/salads, desserts, and drinks. A few students are allergic to peanuts, seafood, and eggplant.
**We need volunteers to prepare breakfast.
Please text David Chen at (510)284-7306 or Justin Lim at (360)624-5402 for any questions and to volunteer for breakfast prep.
Praise the Lord for the 2019 Bible Camp. The theme this year is “Faithful for God’s Kingdom” from the books of Kings and Chronicles. It will be held at the Church in Sacramento Meeting Hall (2041 Wyda Way, Sacramento, CA 95825) from Monday, June 17 through Saturday, June 22, 2019. The camper’s registration is for children who will enter 1st grade through 6th grade in the fall, 2019.
The early bird registration is on or before April 14, 2019 with discount.
The registration cut-off date is midnight April 28, 2019 .
For registration in all categories, please go to www.tinyurl.com/BibleCamp2019
For any camp inquiry, please contact ANDREW KEYS (916) 992-4792 firstname.lastname@example.org
“…I have found David… a man according to My heart, who will do all My will.” Acts 13:22
Last Year’s Bible Camp Video on YouTube: Children’s Bible Camp 2018
Wanchi on behalf of the BC serving ones
The Sacramento State students in the Christian Students club would like to invite all the saints to a Breakfast Fundraiser on Saturday, February 23rd at 9am. The goal of this event is to raise funds for the college conference, national summer college training, and other events.
The college conference (March 1-3) is $125 and the national college training in Champaign Urbana will cost upwards of $900. Historically, these conferences and trainings are pivotal times in which many students touch their spirits for the first time, see a vision of God’s economy, and consecrate themselves to the Lord. Praise the Lord, that we can send the students by our prayer and especially by our practical giving.
Here’s a video of our previous breakfast fundraiser last year.
Hope to see you there!
Christian Students at Sacramento State
You can now order Christian Students at Sacramento State T-shirts and Hoodies to support the club. The deadline is in one week (2/6/19). May we all put on Christ every day as our real garments!